Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

Well, it's that time of year again and the gyms are packed with people who have resolved to lose weight.  Everyone you meet wishes you a Happy New Year and asks what YOU have resolved to do this year.


This year I have had trouble making a resolution because 2009 was such an incredible year and it will be extremely tough to beat.  Here are my top 10 favorite memories from 2009:

1.  Ran my first Half Marathon
2.  Celebrated the weddings of some of my closest friends including an incredible weekend in Fredericksburg with my oldest (and first) friend, Jessica, for her bachelorette party
3.  Spent a week visiting an old friend in LA
4.  Took a Quarter Life Crisis girls trip to the Dominican Republic
5.  Started a new job that allowed me to return to work for my Alma Mater, The University of Texas at Austin
6.  Traveled to New York (twice) - once for a visit and once to accompany my friend who competed on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire"
7.  Saw U2 live
8.  Completed a fried food marathon at the State Fair of Texas
9.  Got to see my Office hero, John Krasinski, live at the Alamo Drafthouse
10.  Last, but certainly not least, I got to see my high school win the Football State Championship title in my university's stadium


There is so much more, but how will 2010 ever be able to live up to the high expectations set by 2009?  My plan is to attempt to try something new for every week of 2010.  This will include events I've never attended, places I've never been and even foods I've never tried.

In the past, it has been the new adventures that have had the most positive effects on my life.

So here we go.  I can't wait to see what 2010 has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment