Monday, March 15, 2010

...been to Spencer's Corner

Last time I was in Cowtown, I headed over to Spencer's Corner with a friend.  To set the stage, Spencer's Corner is in a building that used to be called Coconuts Night Club.  To say the least, I didn't have high expectations but was willing to try it out because my friend was insistent.

To say the least, I was pleasantly surprised by this live music venue.  It was the closest thing I've found in Fort Worth that begins to compare to my favorite places in Austin.  There was live music, dancing, billiards, air hockey, shuffleboard and even a photo booth.  If there had been an outdoor area and if Fort Worth had the indoor smoking ban that Austin has adopted, the night would have been perfect.

Overall, we had a great time, ran into some old friends and I'm definitely looking forward to my next visit to Spencer's Corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment