Thursday, February 25, 2010

...entered a contest like this

Last night I turned in my application to Live Off Groupon for one year. I have always talked about entering contests like this one, but Live Off Groupon is the first one to inspire me to actually apply. When chosen, the Groupon Groupawn will give up all of their possessions to live solely off of Groupons for one full year. If they succeed, there is a $100,000 prize at the end. To start, the Groupawn is given a phone, gps, camera, computer and a paper suit made of Groupons. After that, they will travel across America using nothing but Groupons.

To apply I had to submit two videos, a blog and an essay about why I would make a great candidate to Live Off Groupon. For one video, I had to interview a Groupon business so that they can see what kind of work I could do over the next year.

I decided to interview Cornucopia. When I got to the store, I realized that I needed an introduction to my Live Off Groupon interview. So, I found a steady place to set my camera and started talking to myself. Now, grumbling to yourself in public about a bad day/item left at home/something you forgot = not a difficult task. However, to be animated and loud enough for the camera to pick you up = much tougher than I had originally thought.

It took a few takes, but soon I decided to embrace the awkward stares from passerbys and just went with it.

Overall, I had a great time applying to Live Off Groupon and now I just have to wait and see if my efforts will pay off. The finalists will be announced March 8th so I'll keep you all updated on my status!

Check out my application videos:

Introduction Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wppYd4IeBEY

Interview with Nadia from Cornucopia:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3F8a_dHJCY

No comments:

Post a Comment