Saturday, February 13, 2010

...seen a Cine Las Americas film

At the beginning of last week, I had no plan for what new things I could experience.  Luckily I was presented with three fantastic options before the week end.

On Wednesday, a friend asked if I wanted to join him for a free screening of a Cine Las Americas film at the Mexican American Culture Center (MACC).  Since films and free are two of my favorite words, I eagerly accepted the invitation.  This week's screening was Flor Silvestre, and it is the first in a series of five films that will be shown each Wednesday at the MACC.  Even though it was made in 1943, Flor Silvestre held my attention and had me laughing, crying and secretly wishing that all films ended with a happy ending (like most do these days).  To top it all off, the MACC even had hot chocolate available to keep us warm on one of the coldest evenings of the year.

All in all it was a fantastic evening and I'm looking forward to coming back next Wednesday.

1 comment: