Wednesday, February 3, 2010

...visited Boulder, Colorado

Before I begin, let me just state that I love Austin.  That being said, after spending last weekend with two of my best friends in Boulder, I could definitely see myself moving there one day.

Since there were so many new things I did this weekend, I'll just post the top 5 highlights from my trip.

  1. The University of Colorado at Boulder - When I travel to new cities, I like to visit the university there.  So, on Thursday, we caught the bus to campus and walked around for a few hours.  Upon arriving, we ate lunch in the University Memorial Center and listened to live music by some students in the cafeteria.  Afterward, we explored the beautiful campus and visited the heritage center and accidently broke into the stadium.
  2. Walnut Brewery - One day we ate lunch at the Walnut Brewery. This was one of the best meals we had and we only got nachos, a pretzel and some local beer.  Oh, and did I mention we ran into Vince Vaughn?
  3. The Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse - For my birthday we ate at the Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse.  The Teahouse was a gift from Mayor Maksud Ikramov of Dushanbe, and was given to Boulder to celebrate the establishment of sister city ties between the two cities.  The building was built in Tajikistan and then shipped to Boulder.  The restaurant was exquisite and the food was even better.
  4. St. Julien Hotel and Spa - We only stopped by the St. Julien hotel for happy hour before dinner; however, it was a really neat place.  The unique lobby is a great spot for a quick drink before heading out to Pearl Street.  Next time I'm in Boulder, I hope to go back for a longer stay.
  5. Chautauqua Park - If Austin has Town (Lady Bird) Lake, Boulder has mountains.  One afternoon we headed out to Chautauqua Park for some sightseeing.  A lot of the locals like to come up to Chautauqua and the other surrounding trails to hike, bike or just spend a day with nature.  The view of Boulder is unmatched and is definitely a place I'd like to visit again.
All in all, we had an awesome time in Boulder and I'm already looking forward to my next visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment